Our Gift to Denison: The Class of 1971 Endowed Opportunity Fund

To honor our 50th Reunion, we have established a unique Class of 1971 Endowed Opportunity Fund. The Fund will be used to underwrite expenses not met by traditional aid packages to ensure that students can take full advantage of all the opportunities a Denison education offers.  And because it is an endowment, future students will benefit forever from your generosity and others in the Class of 1971.

For example, the Opportunity Fund could address shortfalls related to study abroad or off-campus internships, participation in new initiatives like Denison Edge, or unanticipated emergency travel and medical expenses like those encountered during the recent pandemic. The Opportunity Fund will be nimble and pivot focus to meet new opportunities and unanticipated challenges as identified periodically by Denison’s president.

We’re asking you to consider contributing to the Opportunity Fund in two ways: through current giving and/or an estate planning vehicle, such as a charitable bequest. Your current gift will be added to the endowment immediately, and your estate planning gift will be added when your estate is settled. A portion of the endowment will be drawn each year to fund student opportunities.

You can easily make your gift to the Opportunity Fund using Denison’s secure giving link.

We are excited about what the Fund will mean to students and urge you to join us in supporting Denison by participating in this effort as generously as your circumstances permit. All gifts will count toward our Class Gift total, which will be announced at our Reunion. We hope to see you there!

With gratitude,

Richard Bodorff & Sally Phelps Finn
Class of 1971 50th Reunion Legacy Committee Co-chairs