Our Gift to Denison: The Class of 1971 Opportunity Fund

To commemorate our 50th reunion, we have established a unique Class of 1971 Opportunity Fund. The Fund will be used to underwrite expenses not met by traditional aid packages to ensure that students can take full advantage of all the opportunities a Denison education offers.

For example, the Opportunity Fund could address shortfalls related to study abroad or off-campus internships, participation in new initiatives like Denison’s Launch Lab, or unanticipated emergency travel and medical expenses like those encountered during the recent pandemic. The Opportunity Fund will be nimble and pivot focus to meet new opportunities and unanticipated challenges as identified periodically by Denison’s president.

We’re asking you to consider contributing to the Opportunity Fund in two ways: through annual giving and an estate planning vehicle, such as a charitable bequest. Your annual gift will fund opportunities that arise in the year the gift is made, and your estate planning gift will fund an endowment, a portion of which will be drawn each year to fund student opportunities.

You can easily make your gift to the Opportunity Fund using Denison’s secure giving link.

We are excited about what the Fund will mean to students and urge you to join us in supporting Denison by participating in this effort as generously as your circumstances permit. All gifts, annual or endowment related, will count toward our Class Gift total, which will be announced at our reunion. We hope to see you there!

With gratitude,

Dick Bodorff & Sally Phelps Finn
Class of 1971 50th Reunion Legacy Committee Co-chairs